NSI designs and develops industrial rugged keyboards which are dust- and waterproof, sealing IP65 up to IP67.
Our tough industrial keyboards are designed for operation in harsh conditions. They must be protected against water, dust, dirt, oil and chemicals They are common in HMI (Human Machine Interface) terminals, consoles, kiosks, medical carts and mobile devices and can be cleaned with industrial cleaners and chemicals.
NSI has an extended range of standard rugged keyboards : short travel membrane keyboards, rugged full travel keyboards and rugged silicon rubber keyboards with or without integrated pointing device.
We are specialised in offering flexible custom solutions for a seamless integration into your work environment.
Examples of our industrial keyboards
Easy mountable keyboards.
With or without covering bezel for edge protection
Keyboard with robust steel, stainless steel or high impact polystyrene enclosure
Keyboards with dimmable high brightness LED's . Low power LED's warrant for a long life
IP67 sealed keyboard solutions in silicone rubber
Large range of standard keyboards integrating a high quality sealed trackball
Integrated touchpad, integrating multi-finger gestures, can be used with gloves
For compact space applications. vehicle mount keyboards, VESA-mount keyboards,...
Select your industry and see which standard keyboards we can recommend
See our keyboards for your specific industry or application
- General processing industrie
- Marine keyboards
- Military keyboards
- Food processing keyboards
- Keyboards for machine building
- Mobile vehicle mount keyboards (vehicles, agriculture, construction)
....and all environments where a high quality keyboard is needed.
How to choose your industrial keyboard ?
Your choice depends on your application and can be based on :
- Number of keys. Determine if you need numbers, letters, function keys (F1, F2) etc. Most of our standard keyboard with full layout have 105 or 106 keys, but there are multiple configurations available with a variable number of keys.
- Integrated pointing device (or not). We can provide our keyboards with an integrated trackball, touchpad or mousebutton as a standard solution.
- Desktop or panel mount format : Our desktop industrial keyboards have an enclosure and are stand alone units. Our panel mount keyboards or built-in keyboards for easy integration into a panel or equipment.
- Backlighting (or not) : rugged keyboards with backlighting for use in low-light environments.
- Protection standards : a good industrial keyboard must meet safety standards. We can offer an IP rating up to IP65 and IP67 sealing.
- Keyboard technology : Standardly we can offer short travel membrane keyboards, rugged full travel keyboards, and rugged silicon rubber keyboards .
- Special industry requirements : NSI can offer IEC60945 marine certifications and MIL standard certifications
- Connectivity : USB or PS/2. Alternatively we can offer custom outputs.
General features NSI keyboards
- Dedicated high quality keyboards
- Dust- and water sealed
- IP65 and IP67 keyboards
- Large standard product range
- Specialist in backlit solutions
- Integration of industrial pointing devices
- Technical knowledgde and support
- Maintenance free products
Industrial keyboards : frequently asked questions
What’s the difference between using rubber overlay or a flat folio, like short travel ?
It all depends on the applications. Both technologies have advantages, the rubber overlay is easier to type on because you have more key travel, where the flat overlay is more easy to clean. They are both completely sealed. We offer various technologies and in collaboration with the customer, who knows exactly the application, we can make the right choice of switch technology.
Do you got an any USB hub with extra power ?
In most of our keyboards there is a hub integrated. This is a non powered hub to control keyboard, trackball, and sometimes an external USB so that customers can plug in another device.
What about drivers for different Operating systems e.g. Linux, Win10 or Android?
We do not supply any drivers, we have the standard USB devices which should work with these operating systems. Our firmware is completely controlled in-house. So if a communication problem should occur, our engineers can solve this.
Customized industrial keyboards
Still haven't found a standard solution ? No probem, NSI is specialised in adapting keyboards to your needs.
What is your application? Do you need a personalized sealed keyboard, branded with your logo, or with a special shape or output ? Do you need special requirements or a certification for your application or market ? Or maybe a complete industrial control panel ?
NSI can certainly help.